What Do Riders Wear While Competing in IEA Shows?
Rule 4508 in the IEA Rule Book
outlines the criteria for proper attire. Please contact the IEA Membership Office
with any other questions.
- It is the tradition of the show ring that riders are correctly attired for the class in question and horses properly presented.
- No position aids not otherwise required due to valid medical reasons supported by written doctor’s orders will be allowed.
- Hunt Seat Divisions:
- At all times while mounted, riders must wear a harnessed and fully fastened protective ASTM approved safety helmet.
- Riders may compete in either tall boots and breeches or paddock boots, jodphurs and garters. The team coach should be able to help you to decide which is more appropriate given a rider's age and size.
- Western Divisions: It is mandatory for all riders to use appropriate Western tack and Western attire while showing; this would include a long sleeve shirt, Western hat or safety helmet, boots, Western saddle, and Western bridle. Team identifying logos and names shall not be allowed on Western show clothing. Failure to use appropriate attire will result in a score of zero.